Mt. Olive Family Medicine Center offers many services onsite for the convenience of our patients.
Lab, testing, procedures, and more can be accomplished without leaving our office. Our aim is to provide the most comprehensive primary care possible for the convenience of the patient.
We are proud to have opened an expanded walk-in clinic in early 2022. We serve as “Mt. Olive’s Urgent Care” and aim to provide prompt care for acute conditions such as cold, flu, injury, or sudden onset of illness. For more about our Walk-In Clinic click here.
Preventive screening and care is key to identifying conditions early and providing care before it worsens. We provide preventative care such as:
- Annual Wellness Visit
- Women’s Physicals
- Sports Physicals
- Women’s Healthcare
- Diabetic Foot Exam Screening
- Depression and Anxiety Screening
- Adults and Children
- Cologuard Colon Cancer Screening
- RetinaVue Diabetic Eye Scan
- DEXA/Bone Density Scanning
FAA 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Class Pilot Physicals
- Patients must complete Application 8500 at medexpress.faa.gov and bring the confirmation number to the visit, except for the Basic Med Exam.
LabCorp operates a clinical laboratory inside of our medical center. This allows patients to have lab work completed during their regular visits when necessary.
- Labs that can be conducted during your visit include PT-INR, A1C, CBC, glucose, and more
- The lab closes at 5:00 pm Monday – Thursday, 4:30 pm Friday, and is not open on Saturday.
- The lab is independently run by LabCorp. Therefore, you may receive a bill from LabCorp.
- Questions and correspondence about lab bills need to be directed to LabCorp. Click here for contact information.
We have our own radiology department. This allows for X-Ray and other testing onsite, with quick access to results. Tests performed in our Radiology Department include:
- X-ray for bone fracture and other conditions
- Bone Density Testing to determine the risk or presence of osteoporosis
- Body Composition to determine muscle mass and identify predisposing risk factors for disease
- RetinaVue scan of the eye to detect conditions related to diabetes
Once per week, we offer diagnostic imaging in the clinic. This advanced imaging assists our providers in diagnosing and treating your medical conditions. Diagnostic imaging includes:
Interpretation of the diagnostic images is conducted by an outside company. You may receive a separate bill from another medical company, such as Charlotte Radiology (704) 442-4390. Please contact them with questions regarding a bill from their office.
Special Procedures and Testing:
Many procedures for preventive, acute, and chronic conditions are available for patients. Examples of in-clinic procedures include:
- Birth Control Methods
- Nexplanon insertion/removal
- Mirena IUD insertion/removal
- Laceration and wound care, including suturing and stapling
- Mole, skin tag, cyst, and wart removal
- Ingrown toenail removal
- Ultrasound-guided joint injections
- Abscess drainage and irrigation
- IV Fluids
- Orthoglass splinting and brace fitting
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Concussion Neurocognitive Testing
- COVID-19 (rapid and PCR)
- STD Screening